Summer time is upon us, and with it comes some great opportunities for building on what our kiddos have learned and the things they have enjoyed during the school year—but with a much more relaxed and natural approach.
Rachel Figg is joining us today to talk all about Cultivating Curiosity In The Summer by exposing our children to music, art, stem, and PE, which are often things we can fail to get to in our regular homeschool days. We’ll discuss the importance of these enrichment activities for our children’s growth, as well as give insight into how incorporating these in the summer can enhance your next school year as well.
MEET THE GUEST:
Another great opportunity we can give our children is the chance to attend a camp, and I’m excited to share with you how your kiddos can Launch their Faith at Word of Life Camps. With nonstop, high energy activities, engaging speakers, and dynamic worship, you’ll experience a connection with God like never before. Word of Life has Family Camps, Youth Camps, and retreats in both Upstate New York and the West Coast of Central Florida. Visit camps.wol.org for more information and register for the best summer ever.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to see learning as much more of an interconnected web rather than stand alone lanes.
- How to use our summer to introduce our children to new concepts and opportunities that may ignite passions we never knew existed.
- How can we get more wonder and curiosity in our homeschools?
- How can including subjects like Art, Music, PE & STEM open the doors to wonder and curiosity for kids?
- How can we help our kids develop new passions?